Saturday, November 28, 2009

Plans, schplans

Oh, I had big plans for last week. I had a list of 12 recipes to post, great uses for leftover turkey and my mom's best thanksgiving dishes. And then, well, life got in the way.

But, I made up for that today. I have a menu planned out for December, the grocery list for making all the meals, and recipes on how to make them ahead of time and put in the freezer. In fact, I spent 45 minutes shopping and 3 hours preparing food today, and now have 6 meals in the freezer.

I'll split the meals by weeks, but for now, here's the meal list:
  • Sandwiches
  • Tuna salad
  • Tuna casserole
  • Pizza roll
  • Pork stir fry
  • Meatballs
  • Meatloaf
  • Pizza
  • Omelets
  • Tacos
  • Turkey casserole
  • Turkey enchiladas
  • Beef enchiladas
  • Fajitas
  • Tomato soup
  • Broccoli cheese soup
  • Chili
  • Potato soup
  • BBQ beef
  • Baked corn dogs
  • Ham and beans

And here's the shopping list for the month:
  • Milk
  • Cereal
  • Bread
  • Tuna (3 cans)
  • Beans
  • Enchilada sauce
  • Frozen bread dough
  • Pepperoni, 4 oz
  • Deli ham, 1 pound
  • Saltines
  • Egg noodles
  • Lasagne noodles
  • Mozzarella (2)
  • Cottage cheese
  • Cheddar (6)
  • Corn tortillas (2)
  • Flour tortillas (4)
  • Hot dogs (2)
  • Eggs
  • Olive oil
  • Foil containers (6 square)
  • Fritos
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • ground beef (2)
  • ground sausage (1)
  • pork steak (pkg of 3)
  • ham hocks (1 or 2)
  • Bell peppers (3-4)
  • Frozen broccoli
  • Carrots
I know it seems like a lot, but this will feed your family of 5 for a month! Hopefully, life will allow me to post recipes and weekly menus tonight or tomorrow. Until then, I'm off to help wrap presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment