This is no where near as good, but is also thousands of times faster.
2 cans crescent roll dough
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 bag cole slaw mix
2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or mozzarella
- Brown the beef and pork in a large skillet. Drain.
- Stir in the cole slaw mix. Cover and let steam until cabbage is softened.
- Line a 13x9 dish with one of the crescent roll dough, pinching the seams to make a crust.
- Spoon in the cabbage and meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat.
- Top with the second crescent roll dough, again pinching the seams to make one big rectangle.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until dough turns golden brown.
Other variations of this recipe include adding a cream-of soup, but I stick to the basics, in honor of those great St. Mark's lunch ladies.