Still, even hotdogs need spruced up every once in a while. This recipe takes about 25 minutes, start to finish, and the end result is yummy enough for even the adults to enjoy.
Baked Pigs In A Blanket
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted cold butter cut into small pieces
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
8 long hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F and grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add the butter and and rub it in until the dough becomes crumbly.
- Stir the cheese in the dough and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Create a crater in the dough and add the buttermilk. Using a wooden spoon, stir well and let it stay for around 3 minutes.
- Turn the dough on floured surface.
- Pat the dough in a rectangle that is about 15 inches by 7 inches.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 8 rectangles.
- Roll the rectangles around the hotdogs and seal edges. Place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.