1 pound ground beef
1 jar Best Choice spaghetti sauce, any flavor
1 large container of cottage cheese, small curd, low fat
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic
1 box lasagne noodles
- Brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain.
- Stir spaghetti sauce into ground beef. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne noodles as directed on the box.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and spices.
- Spray a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Scoop 2-3 large spoonfuls of the meat mixture into the casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- Scoop 2-3 large spoonfuls of the cheese mixture onto the meat mixture in the dish. Spread evenly.
- Lay lasagne noodles over the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Lasagne hints I've recently learned:
Let the lasagne set a few minutes before serving.
Substitute Italian sausage for the beef, for extra flavor
Skip boiling the noodles and put the casserole in the fridge for at least 8 hours before baking.
How do you spice up your lasagne?