I make up the roast recipes every time, changing it up a little bit here and there based on what I have on hand. This week's roast turned out yummy, so if you'd like to replicate it, here's the info:
1 pike's peak roast (3-4 pounds), thawed
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can mushroom stems and pieces
1 cup beef broth (or boiling water and beef bouillon cube)
about 2 tablespoons salt
about 2 teaspoons dry mustard
about 2 teaspoons dried sage
1 garlic clove
- Mix the salt, mustard, and sage together. Rub it over the roast.
- Place the roast in the crock pot.
- Mix in a separate bowl the beef broth, mushroom soup, mushrooms, and garlic. Beat until smooth.
- Pour soup mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Remove from the crock pot and let set for at least 10 minutes before serving.