Here's hoping supper's White Chili (adapted from here) will meet or exceed lunch's yummy-ness!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 anaheim peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 can red beans, undrained (just because I didn't have two cans of white beans)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook chicken until cooked through. Remove from saucepan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil Add the onions and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, green chile peppers, cilntro, oregano and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the beans. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Add sour cream and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top with the cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.