Saturday, January 9, 2010

Italian Meatballs

We tried goat meat for the first time this month. In my meal-prep-research, I read that goat meat does well with lots of strong spice. I wanted to make something the girls would eat, and I know they like meatballs. So, goat meatballs it was!

1 pound ground goat meat, thawed
2 tablespoons italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1-2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 can pizza sauce (I use Best Choice brand)

Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place in a 9x9 microwave safe dish. Pour pizza sauce over meatballs. Place dish in microwave; cover with wax paper. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir to flip meatballs. Microwave 5 more minutes.

I served this egg noodles cooked with a little butter, parsley, and mozzarella cheese, and toasted french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment