3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces sour cream
1 diced tomato
5 green onions, chopped
8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 teaspoon water
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add to that, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture and juice from diced tomato to the saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, melt 2 T butter. Cook the chicken and green onions, until chicken is cooked through.
- Pour chicken into a pie plate.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle diced tomato and green onion over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.