Friday, July 24, 2009

Pork Roast

Pork Roast

I am spoiled; this I know. I have a side of beef and entire pork in my deep freeze. Not only does this save my grocery bills, it also allows me to test out more recipes with beef and pork in them.

Pork roast is by far my favorite cut of pork. No matter how you make it, I think it’ll taste delicious. Of the methods I’ve tried, this is my favorite.

Pork Roast
3-4 pound pork roast, thawed
Seasoning salt (I use about 3 tablespoons)
Pepper (about a teaspoon)
Olive oil
1 cup water
Aluminum foil

  1. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil, making the strips of foil about 3 times longer than the pan is wide.
  2. Set the roast on a plate and pour about a tablespoon of olive oil over it. Use your hands to rub the olive oil all over the roast.
  3. Sprinkle seasoning salt and pepper on the roast and use your hands to rub it into the meat.
  4. Place the roast in the pan on the foil.
  5. Pour the water around the roast.
  6. Tent the foil over the roast.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for (here’s the tricky part) 18-20 minutes per pound of roast. So, a 3 pound roast would be 54-60 minutes; a 4 pound roast would be 72-80 minutes. I always use my meat thermometer and cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees, so I know exactly when it’s done.
  8. When the time is up, take the roast out of the oven and let it rest at least 10 minutes before cutting it.

Add baked potatoes at the same time you put the roast in, and your meal can be done at the same time. The rule on baked potatoes: 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.; 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.; or 90 minutes at 325 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment