Save money tip: price check the mozzarella. I might be cheaper to buy a chunk of cheese and shred it at home. Also, you can buy shredded mozzarella when it's on super-sale and freeze it until you need it.
3 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 cup EVOO aka olive oil
4 oz pepperoni
1/2 pound ham, shredded
1 pound sausage, browned and drained
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine the meats and cheese in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat olive oil and spices into the eggs. Pour 3/4 of the egg mixture into the meats and cheese.
- On parchment paper or a floured surface, roll out the bread dough into rectangles. Spread the meat/cheese mixture onto the bread dough.
- Roll the dough into a jelly roll, pinching the edges and ends to seal.
- Place on a cookie or baking sheet. Brush the remaining egg mixture on top. (I like to let my girls smear it on, being sure their hands are washed thoroughly before and after.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
You can freeze one or two of the loaves for later use. Just be sure to let it cool completely before you freeze it, to minimize ice crystals and maximize taste.