Fried Rice for 6
3 cups minute rice, cooked
2 eggs, beaten
1 small onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot (or 3 baby carrots), diced
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil (can substitute vegetable oil)
1 chicken breast OR 1 cup diced ham, optional
- Prepare the minute rice as instructed on the box. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- If you are using meat, add the chicken or ham to the skillet and saute until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside
- Add the onions, celery, and carrots to the skillet. Stir fry until just tender.
- Add the meat and cooked rice to the skillet. Stir and let cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Pour the eggs over the rice mixture and stir until cooked through.
Bonus the meal by stopping by your local Chinese food restaurant or grocery store for a few egg rolls. Or, if you are really ambitious, you can make your own.