1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon alspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/3 cup Splenda or sugar
1/2 cup raisins
2-3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
Syrup or powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 dish with Pam.
- Beat together eggs, milk, sugar and spices.
- Add the buns (cubed) and raisins until the bread is covered.
- Pour egg/bread mixture into the dish.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Add butter and about 3 tablespoons of syrup to the casserole. Bake 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve with syrup or powdered sugar.
Katie added, "If you don't have a sugar allergy in your family, you could top it with a dusting of confectioner's sugar to make it fancy." I think she's watched too much Food Network.