5 sweet banana peppers (or hot, if you like things spicy)
1 pound sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream-style corn
salt and pepper, to taste
1 box Jiffy mix cornbread (and the stuff to mix it)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds. Cut in half lengthwise and boil in water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and onions together, until cooked through. Drain off any grease.
- Add cream-style corn, salt, pepper, and stir. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Place banana peppers on top of sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Prepare cornbread mix according the instructions on the box. Spoon over the peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cornbread is baked through.